Wednesday 11 June 2014

Why I chose the University of Tsukuba by Takumi, O.

          There are four reasons why I chose to study at the University of Tsukuba. First of all, the university was abundantly blessed with nature. I like nature, and when I am in the university, I can relax by getting close to nature. Secondly, my grandparents’ house is near the university. Usually students who live in far places from the university have to live in a college dormitory or an apartment house, but I don’t have to do so, and I can attend school by car. If I lived in a college dormitory, I would have to cook for myself, but I live with my grandparents, and they cook for me. Thirdly, I can get a teaching license at the university. Of course, there are many universities where we can get teaching licenses, but the University of Tsukuba is a historic university for teachers because its predecessor was the first teachers’ training college in Japan. Finally, the most important reason is that I can study a wide area of linguistics. I want to learn linguistics, and I can study sociolinguistics, English teaching, English philology, and so on. Before I entered the university, I didn’t know linguistics well, so I could not decide my special fields. This reason is very important for me. These are the reasons why I chose to study at the University of Tsukuba, and now I enjoy my university life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.