Wednesday 4 June 2014

My student life at Tsukuba by Hanae H.


              My student life at Tsukuba is great. I think that student life has two aspects; classes and a club. First, classes are interesting. I’m a member of the College of Humanities. I’m going to major in linguistics, so I take classes mainly about linguistics. I’m interested in Japanese, especially that of children. They acquire their own mother tongue in about a few years. It’s difficult for adults to acquire another language, but children can acquire one language without special effort. I think that is an interesting thing. This university has great libraries, so I want to make good use of them and read many books in order to learn. Second, I belong to the recorder ensemble club called blockflöte. “Blockflöte” means recorder in German. Anybody can play it easily, but it is actually a great musical instrument. The recorder has a long history from the baroque age. The club has 7 types of recorder. The smallest one can be put in a pocket, and the biggest one is over 160 cm tall. With these recorders, we play various tunes such as J-POP, classical, and baroque music. I want to try doing an arrangement of a tune and playing it with the club members. I enjoy my student life at Tsukuba, both in my class and in my club.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Hanae! I think your study is very interesting. What do you think about teaching Japanese abroad?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.