Thursday 12 June 2014

My life at the University of Tsukuba




              My life at Tsukuba is so far going well. I provide you a reason for this. Joining in the equestrian club gave me a good push to start off my university life. Before joining in this club, I have never ridden a horse, so it was a new challenge for me. Since riding a horse means to become mutual friends with the horse, we have to take care of them, and be with them daily. We always think about our horses. For example, I always get up at 4:30 in the morning and start taking care of my horse by 5:00. Taking care of him is not the easiest task, but this is the first stage to get along with my horse. After I finish all my works, the moment when I can be with my horse the closest finally arrives; practicing my horse-riding skills. I ride my horse for about 40 minutes, additionally practicing some basic equestrian techniques such as show jumping and dressage. The team is very hard, involving many hard practices and daily caring of the horses, but it gives me an emotion more special than some of my classes because it prompts me to reconsider what it is to be a part of nature,  and the importance of devoting oneself to a thing you like. Hence, although most of my days will be just about horses, I'm very satisfied with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Yuki!
    I was very surprised that you always get up 4:30!!
    I couldn't do that if I were you, so I think you are an awesome man!!
    I have never ridden a horse, so I want to ride a horse someday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.