Wednesday 28 May 2014

A fire disturbed my trip to Hong Kong by Ryo I.


One of my worst experiences occurred when I was traveling in Hong Kong. First, it was about 11 p.m., and I was about to sleep in the hotel room. Then, from the outside, I heard a loud sound. For a moment, I could not understand what the sound was. However, when I realized what it was, I got frightened – it was the sound of a fire alarm. Therefore, I went out of the hotel with some important things such as money and my passport. At that time, there were a lot of people and fire-engines around the hotel so I realized that the fire really occurred. Then, I felt relieved because I had a narrow escape. However, there was another problem – where could I sleep? If I had been in Japan, I could have spent the time somewhere outside. However, it was in Hong Kong so I had no courage to sleep outside. Moreover, unfortunately it started to rain heavily while I was at a loss about what to do. Thus, I hurried to find a place where I could sleep or rest, being drenched to the skin. After a ten-minute walk, I found the place. It was McDonald's. Of course, I wanted to avoid it, but I did not have enough money to use a normal hotel. Then, I ordered one hot coffee, sat at the corner of the store, and tried to sleep. However, I could not sleep at the time. This might be because I was frightened in the place where there were no Japanese. Finally, I could not sleep at all and I went back to my hotel in the morning after fire fighters finished extinguishing the fire. The above is one of my worst experiences, and I hope that such things never happen when I travel to Hong Kong next time.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Atori Hagiwara. Your essay is very easy to read. I can understand what happened to you clearly. I guess that you traveled in Hong Kong by yourself. I think that it takes a courage to travel abroad by oneself. What was the purpose of the trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello, Atori. Thank you for your comment! When I was young, I lived in Hong Kong. That's why I travel to Hong Kong to see where I lived.

      Delete

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.