Wednesday 18 June 2014

The reasons why I chose to study at the University of Tsukuba by Rintaro M


              There are three important reasons why I chose to study at the University of Tsukuba. First, I considered the cost of attending the school. I am the youngest child in my family, which has four children. Our school expenses, living expenses and our house rent cost much money. Considering our household expenses, we don’t have enough money to let me go to a private university so I had to go to a national university. Secondly, I considered the location of the university. I can commute one hour and a half from my home to this university by the Tsukuba Express. So I can see my family every day. Finally, I considered the surroundings of the university. I live in Tokyo and my high school is located in Nagata-chou. Nagata-chou is Japan's political center and there are many high buildings and not only the buildings themselves but also their night view are really beautiful. Nevertheless, when I was a high school student, I usually couldn’t help feeling that the sky in Nagata-chou is very small and often became in a gloomy mood. When I visited Tsukuba for the first time, I was greatly moved. There were no high buildings. There were lots of trees. What was more, there was the big sky! Then I felt a sense of freedom and immediately I came to love Tsukuba very much. For these reasons, I chose to study at the University of Tsukuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.