Thursday 20 December 2012

I'm Yuka

My name is Yuka. I am 21 years old and a second year student at University of Tsukuba. I belong to the College of Agrobiological Resource Sciences. I’m interested in applied biological chemistry so I’d like to pursue it from next year. I’m not good at English, especially speaking and listening to it. I wanted to improve my English skills, so I went to Toronto last summer to study English. I stayed there for seven weeks during my summer vacation. It was  the first time for me to go abroad alone. Since I have never lived without Japanese language I was very worried about my stay. I was living in a foreign country that I had never been to, I met people from all over the world, I had chances to speak English. Everything was a first for me and wonderful experiences At first I wanted to go back to Japan, but finally I came to like Canada very much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Yuka!
    Your summer vacation is great!
    I have never go abroad, so I want to know about your wonderful experiences.
    What is that you were most surprised in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miyu.
    I was surprised at some points. For example, some people take trains or buses with their pets such as dogs. And also we should pay tip when we go to a restaurant (if not, that is rude). I think these customs are not seen in Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.